You can read my blog post for a detailed breakdown of the two platforms:
If you want to do the migration, but your team is missing the required AWS/DevOps skills, then we’ve got you covered.
The guide describes all the steps required to safely move your Heroku PostgreSQL database to AWS RDS. Starting with adding a new Amazon Web Services account, down to configuring performance alerts sent to email or Slack.
Zero prior AWS experience is required to complete the guide. All the steps are described in a detailed way together with code snippets and AWS console screenshots. The guide is written in a programming language-agnostic way, so it applies to all the backend technologies hosted on Heroku.
Table of contents
Developer version: $19 only you can read it.
Company version: $99 you can share it with everyone in your company.
Developer license can be upgraded to Company license without an addtional costs.
For the price of a single developer-hour you’ll save dozens of research work hours and avoid unexpected downtime, irreversible data loss or corruption. Trust me; I’ve been there…
The following topics are covered:
- choosing RDS instance config for your application
- configuring the network and security groups
- setting the correct PostgreSQL config for optimal performance and security
- adding redundant cross-account backups
- calculate the expected downtime before starting the migration
- minimize migration downtime using PostgreSQL CLI tools and database analysis
- configure database health checks and performance alerts
All the orders are covered with a money-back guarantee. After you receive the book, you’ll have two weeks to cancel your order if the content does not meet your expectations.
Our order process is conducted by our online reseller Paddle.com. Paddle.com is the Merchant of Record for all our orders. Paddle provides all customer service inquiries and handles returns.
Cover Photo by Sebastian Palomino from Pexels.